2) What is the purpose of "completing the square"?
3) Quadratic Equations: Compare solving for x in Pre-Calculus 11 to Math 8. How is it similar? How is it different?
Journal - Part 2
1) November 6-10: We often begin class with a problem or game where students are put into random groups and work on the whiteboards. Does this activity serve a purpose? Please explain your point of view.
2) November 13-17: How does a person best learn mathematics?
3) November 20-24: How is mathematics best taught?
Journal - Part 3: Due on February 6
1) January 15-19: Reflect upon a math lesson that you remember fondly from your academic career. What was the topic? What part of the learning process was particularly enjoyable/effective?
2) January 22-26: With the midterm coming up, which unit are you most looking forward to? State and explain your choice. Provide and complete a related example/question.
3) January 29-February 2: With the midterm coming up, which unit are you least looking forward to? State and explain your choice. Provide and complete a related example/question.
Journal - Term 3
1) April 23-27: What does it mean to be "good at math"?
2) May 7-11: Look up a famous mathematician. Describe an interesting fact about him or her (and/or their work). Explain why it caught your attention.
3) May 22-25: Reflect on something you learned during your time in this course over the past year. It could be an idea, a concept, or even a personal epiphany. Why has it stuck with you?
Due: June 7th
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.